Please select the surgery name from the individual dropdown menus above, to be directed to the appropriate information or service that you require
Long Term Conditions Review:
Following Covid-19, the Practice has changed ways of working and how we review patients with long term conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease or asthma.
Please click on the ‘Long Term Conditions’ section of our website to view this.
IMPORTANT NOTICE -FACE COVERINGS
- Whilst COVID restrictions will end in many settings in England from today, the Practice continues to follow Public Health Infection Control guidance to protect our staff and vulnerable patients in requiring all patients and visitors to wear a face covering and observe social distance when attending the surgery.
Thank you for your ongoing support and co-operation.
The Buntingford & Puckeridge Medical Practice.
'WE ARE STILL HERE FOR YOUR CARE'
COVID-19 has changed how patients access their GP. The pandemic has supercharged the use of remote consultations in primary care. These will never replace face to face appointments which should be available to all patients where appropriate. However, they can be a convenient way for people to access medical advice and treatment.
There is a risk that if patients don’t feel they have access to a GP for non-urgent issues, they will seek help at A&E.
- Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact your GP surgery will be different at the moment. This is to manage footfall and face-face contact where possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus
- Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients, but you will be asked to discuss your conditions over the phone or online first to assess what would be most appropriate for you
- In addition to face-to-face consultations, many GP practices may offer consultations online or over the phone. This can be a convenient and flexible way to receive healthcare but if you would prefer to see a GP or healthcare professional in person then this can be discussed with the clinician.
Ways to seek healthcare advice from a GP
- Call your surgery to discuss a face-to-face or virtual (telephone or video) appointment
- Visit your GP surgery website and complete a confidential online form to receive a response before the end of the next working day
Download the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions, book appointments and check your symptoms
Training Practice Accreditation
We are delighted to announce that The Buntingford & Puckeridge Medical Practice has been accredited as a training practice which means we will be providing educational placements to qualified postgraduate doctors. It is possible that in the coming months you may be seen by one of these doctors who work under our supervision at the surgery for between 4 to 12 months.
We are letting you know about a very useful website called Germ Defence which was created by a team of doctors and scientists to give you advice that has been proven to reduce the spread of viruses in the home. It can help you plan how to protect yourself and members of your family from infection by COVID-19 and ‘flu.
It’s easy to use and only takes 10 minutes - just click on this link: www.germdefence.org/index.html?src=E82130
Women’s health - Let's talk about it
We ask certain questions to help make sure that our policy making is representative and to understand how it may affect certain groups. Please do not identify anyone else in your answers to any questions during this survey if they have not given permission for you to do so (consultations.dhsc.gov.uk).
Please click on the below to read about the Vaccination Walk In Services from the NHS
Covid Vaccination Walk in Service
Need to know your NHS number: Its easy, just follow the link below:
(Site updated 28/06/2022)